1/16/2013

BR 2-06: Super structures

It can be made of different materials like bricks, concrete, glass, wood, or metal.
A super structure is very big, very long, or very tall. (p. 3)

This book Super Structure is described in details about various kind of structures like tunnels, bridges, skyscrapers, dams, Olympic structures, strange shaped buildings, structures made of glass or ice, structures in the ocean, in the space. If you read this book, you could know where the structures are, how and why they were made and what the structures are made of. I want to see the Burj Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. It is one of the tallest skyscrapers all over the world. According to this book, the Burj Dubai is 818 meters tall. It's amazing. Someday I want to see the real structure. I would like to go into space, too. But I reckon that going into space might be impossible for ordinary people. By the way, recently I saw news about Mars. Do you think human really can be alive on the Mars?
174 words
Reference

Undrill, Fiona. (2010). Super Structures. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment