1/08/2013

BR 2-03: Rip Van Winkle and the Legend of Sleepy Hollow

The man with the barrel gives them all a drink. (p. 5 from Rip Van Winkle)

I thought that I should not receive something from stranger. If this story was real, I was very sad. I was sorry about Rip because his wife was dead and his daughter got married while he was sleeping long time. Drinking too much is not good.

The horseman takes his head in his hands and throws it at Ichabod! It knocks him down off his horse. (p. 36 from the Legend of Sleepy Hollow)

I have some question about this story. I don't know why the ghost who was headless horseman had a pumpkin in his hands and throw it. Also, I don't know why Ichabod disappeared after he was knocked down off his horse. Moreover Brom got married with Katrina. It was a little boring story for me.
147 words
Reference

Irving, Washington. (2002). Rip Van Winkle and the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press

No comments:

Post a Comment